Chronic Pain or Illness, Life-Threatening Condition, New diagnosis?
Are you or is someone you love suffering from Fibromyalgia or other source of Chronic Pain or Fatigue?
Have you or has someone you love been diagnosed with Cancer, HIV/AIDS or other life-threatening disease or condition?
Some of your practical concerns may include:
• How can I manage the pain? The fatigue? The side-effects of treatment?
• How can I make the most of the energy I do have?
Open Hearth Studio is ready to help you with mindfulness techniques for managing the pain and discomfort of new or chronic conditions.
Relationships are always impacted by the physical health of the people involved. You may be wondering:
• How do I talk to my kids/family/friends about this?
• If my appearance changes, how will I/my friends/family/colleagues handle it?
• Will my relationships ever be the same again?
In addition to the practicalities and the relationship issues, you may feel lost or rudderless, confused, panicked, depressed, overwhelmed with too much (or too little) information.
It’s normal to need extra support to deal with the social and emotional aspects of a disease or disability.
You might be asking:
• How could this happen? Why did this happen to me?
• What kind of meaning am I supposed to get out of this?
• How can I reconcile my faith with what is happening?
• I’ve been told I can’t (activity/job) any more, but it was my whole life! Who am I without it?
• How do I keep going when all I can see now is the negative side of things?
While no one can provide easy answers, I am very comfortable with the hard questions, and I am here to explore them with you in a non-judgmental way.
Art therapy is a very effective and appropriate way of dealing with both chronic and acute conditions,
as it combines a mindfulness activity with the ability to contain the expression of many different and sometimes contradictory feelings and thoughts.
Whether you’d like to talk through these issues or work with art or the sand tray, I’d be honoured to give you the space and support you need.