Slow Threads: Meditative Stitching Workshop
Next Session: TBA Contact me to schedule a session for your group.
Needle and thread and fabric. Simple materials. Simple movements.
Body and Mind and Spirit … we can attune to these spaces and ways of being through mindful practice in many ways. This workshop is an introduction to using stitch as a mindfulness practice. We will begin with an intention to “draw” intuitively with our thread.
Participants will be introduced to simple hand embroidery techniques and ways to bring both mindful awareness and creative intuition to the work. The remainder of our time together will be for quiet stitching in community and a short facilitated conversation at the end to reflect on the experience.
Materials and Tea will be provided.
Suitable for participants at all skill levels.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I’m not an artist! Do I need experience with art?
- That’s perfectly fine! No experience or particular talent is necessary. We focus on the process, not the product.
- What we create in this day is for us alone, like a journal or diary entry. While something beautiful MAY come from it, we don’t do it for anyone else, or to judge it for its skilfulness. This is your time.
What’s the time and location?
- The workshop takes place at the Open Hearth Studio, in Victoria, BC , on (TBA) Registrants should plan to arrive with enough time to find parking and settle in before we start right on time. You can register HERE.
Is the location accessible?
- Participants need to be able to handle a short flight of stairs. There are handrails on both sides.
- Street parking is available, and BC Transit Buses #2 and #10 stop on Niagara St. at Government.
What’s the cost to me?
- $60 for three hours of learning and mindful practice, with lots of personal attention and space to BE! Limited enrolment. Please register early! Registration closes one week prior to the workshop.
How do I register or ask for more information?
- You can reserve your space in the workshop and pay with a credit card by CLICKING HERE.
- Registration closes one week prior to the workshop. Please see Refund Policy below.
- Please contact Frances if you have any questions about whether this workshop is a good fit for you or to inquire about other payment options.
What is the Refund Policy?
- Once you have registered, if you cancel up to 2 weeks before the workshop, you will be refunded 75% of the fee. With up to 1 week’s notice you will be refunded 50% of the fee. After that time, your registration fee is non-refundable. Registration fees can be transferred to another person who would like to go in your place if you find you can’t attend.