To Hold A Prayer In My Hand: Prayer Bead Workshop
Monday February 26, 2018 from 6:00-8:30 pm
Have you ever been curious about the beads that various religious and spiritual traditions use?
In this workshop we’ll look at and learn about examples of a number of types of prayer beads, and choose one to string. In the process, we’ll also learn a little bit about a few contemplative prayer traditions, and how they might be helpful to you in your journey.
All spiritual paths are welcome at Open Hearth Studio – you are invited to participate from your own tradition or perspective, and to bring your respectful curiosity about others.
Registration fee: $50. Materials are included. You may also wish to bring a bead that is special to you, for inclusion in your project.
Suitable for participants at all skill levels.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I’m not an artist! Do I need experience with art?
- That’s perfectly fine! No experience or particular talent is necessary. We focus on the process, not the product.
- What we create in this day is for us alone, like a journal or diary entry. While something beautiful MAY come from it, we don’t do it for anyone else, or to judge it for its skilfulness. This is your time.
What’s the time and location?
- The workshop takes place at the Open Hearth Studio, in Victoria, BC , on Monday February 26, 2018, from 6:30-8:30pm. Registrants should plan to arrive with enough time to find parking and settle in before we start right on time. You can register HERE.
Is the location accessible?
- Participants need to be able to handle a short flight of stairs. There are handrails on both sides.
- Street parking is available, and BC Transit Buses #2 and #10 stop on Niagara St. at Government.
What’s the cost to me?
- $50 for two and a half hours of learning and creating your prayer beads, with lots of personal attention and space to BE! Limited enrolment. Please register early! Registration closes one week prior to the workshop.
How do I register or ask for more information?
- You can reserve your space in the workshop and pay with a credit card by CLICKING HERE.
- Registration closes one week prior to the workshop. Please see Refund Policy below.
- Please contact Frances if you have any questions about whether this workshop is a good fit for you or to inquire about other payment options.
What is the Refund Policy?
- Once you have registered, if you cancel up to 2 weeks before the workshop, you will be refunded 75% of the fee. With up to 1 week’s notice you will be refunded 50% of the fee. After that time, your registration fee is non-refundable. Registration fees can be transferred to another person who would like to go in your place if you find you can’t attend.