Envisioning Change: An Art Therapy Workshop for Women in Transition
Next Workshop Date: TBA
Are you a woman in a time of transition? Or feeling like something needs to change?
Are you looking backwards and evaluating the past? Are you wondering what’s next? Changes – whether in your outer context or your inner life – are often challenging, sometimes sad, and almost always unsettling. Add to that the often unrealistic expectations of our North American culture, and messages like “Set Your Ultimate Goals!” “Make changes NOW!” or “Just get past it and move on!” can really bring you down and make it seem impossible to handle any change at all.
Would you rather enter 2018 in a different spirit? If you want to set an intention to be more peaceful, present, and empathic with yourself through times of change, loss, and transition, please join me!
Open Hearth Studio offers you an experience of mindful and creative immersion in your own journey.
You will be nurtured in an atmosphere of acceptance, to gently explore where you are, and what you want to bring into your life as you move forwards this coming year. At this intensive art therapy workshop, we will create from our hearts, and for our hearts, with the intention to be accepting of what comes.
At this half-day workshop you will:
- Connect deeply with yourself so you can approach your future with self-compassion and confidence.
- Explore your vision for the future so you will know where to focus your attention through the coming year.
- Learn simple creative grounding techniques, so you can feel calm in the middle of times of change and uncertainty.
Who is this workshop for?
- You are an adult woman in a time of active transition, or who has an internal sense that something needs to change in your life.
- You’re excited to explore these issues through art-making – but no experience is necessary!
What will I be doing at this workshop?
- You will be guided through art therapy exercises specially designed to help you understand this season of change in your life.
- There will opportunities for both verbal sharing in the group, and individual journaling to reflect on what your art is saying to you.
- There will be healthy snacks and warm beverages to keep your energy up.
I’m not an artist! Do I need experience with art?
- That’s perfectly fine! No experience or particular talent is necessary. We focus on the process, not the product.
- What we create in this day is for us alone, like a journal or diary entry. While something beautiful MAY come from it, we don’t do it for anyone else, or to judge it for its skilfulness. This is your time.
What’s the time and location?
- The workshop takes place at the Open Hearth Studio, in Victoria, BC , on Saturday January 6th, 2018, from 12:30pm – 5:00pm. Registrants should plan to arrive with enough time to find parking and settle in before we start right on time. You can register HERE.
Is the location accessible?
- Participants need to be able to handle a short flight of stairs. There are handrails on both sides.
What’s the cost to me?
- $150 for a four and a half hour, intensive and intimate retreat with lots of personal attention. Maximum 6 people attending. Please register early! Registration closes one week prior to the workshop.
How do I register or ask for more information?
- You can reserve your space in the workshop and pay with a credit card by CLICKING HERE.
- Registration closes one week prior to the workshop. Please see Refund Policy below.
- Please contact Frances if you have any questions about whether this workshop is a good fit for you or to inquire about other payment options.
What is the Refund Policy?
- Once you have registered, if you cancel up to 2 weeks before the workshop, you will be refunded 75% of the fee. With up to 1 week’s notice you will be refunded 50% of the fee. After that time, your registration fee is non-refundable. Registration fees can be transferred to another woman who would like to go in your place if you find you can’t attend.