Art to Ease a Grieving Heart: Re-Imagining the Holidays
A Seasonal Art Therapy Retreat
Next Session TBA (Please contact me to request a session for your group)
Have you suffered the loss of a loved one, recently or in the past? Is your sadness, anxiety, or stress feeling unmanageable? If you are feeling alone or overwhelmed in your grief, this introductory Art Therapy workshop can help.
Memories of your loved one and the passing of milestones such as birthdays, holidays, and anniversaries can bring up intense feelings, which people who are not grieving may not fully understand or know how to respond to.
Open Hearth Studio offers you an afternoon apart, to be nurtured in an atmosphere of acceptance, and to gently discover what you need most during this time. Our afternoon will include time for solitude and sharing, writing and art making. We will write and create from our hearts, and for our hearts, with the intention to be accepting of what comes.
At this intensive Art Therapy workshop you will:
- Connect deeply with yourself so you can discover exactly what you need to avoid emotional overwhelm as you move through your grief.
- Learn how to communicate with family and friends about expectations so you can make plans and decisions without defensiveness or guilt.
- Create a concrete self-care plan for dealing with important milestones and special days to help you stay grounded and moving forward in your healing.
“ART therapy??” What if I am not good at art or drawing? Is this still a good workshop for me?
No art experience or skill is needed or expected. Making art is a way to listen to our innermost self, without getting caught up in old patterns or our own heads. What we create in this day is for us alone, like a journal or diary entry. While something beautiful MAY come from it, we don’t make it to show to anyone else, or to judge it for its skillfulness.
How do I register or ask for more information?
- You can reserve your space in the workshop and pay with a credit card by CLICKING HERE.
- Registration closes one week prior to workshop. Please see Refund Policy Below.
- Please contact Frances if you have any questions about whether this workshop is a good fit for you or to inquire about other payment options.
What’s the refund policy?
Once you have registered, if you cancel up to 2 weeks before the workshop, you will be refunded 75% of the fee. With up to 1 week’s notice you will be refunded 50% of the fee. After that time, your registration fee is non-refundable. Registration fees can be transferred to another woman who would like to go in your place if you find you can’t attend.
Limited enrollment: Only 6 places available.